About Me

My photo
Hey I'm Jamie. Christian. Wife. Foodie. New home owner. Mommy of a 4 year old little boy, who fills my life with wonderful chaos.

The Hubby

The Hubby
Mark

The Wildman

The Wildman
E

Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Morning Anniversary FUN!

Good Morning!!! It's MONDAY.... ugh. My husband has left for his job this morning at about 7 and he will be there till Friday about lunch. I really don't like him staying there all week but it sure beats him having to drive 4 hours one way. It normally doesn't bother me because I know as soon as we close on our house he will be here more often but, today is our anniversary. :) We have been married for TWO whole years today. At exactly 4, (which is about 20 more mins), two years ago I was walking down the LONG boardwalk with my daddy to the sand where my family and future husband were waiting.

Kissing my daddy.

Happy Anniversary


Anyway, I decided to get a little crafty and try some of the things I found on PINTEREST. I love that website :) SO... Here is what I did today. OK... I have been slowly trying to potty train my 2 year old for a few months. We will try it for about 2 days and then give up. I just don't feel like he is ready.  I bought some training pants which I thought with the extra padding it wouldn't leak through but I was wrong. I dunno if it is boys or if every little kid pees as much as mine does but those things are just as bad when he pees in regular undies without padding. anyway I decided I needed to BULK these suckers up so we could actually use them.


Has anyone ever seen these things?? Look how huge the blue waterproof one is. It is actually a 2T and the white one is a 3T. WHAT??? The blue one on Eason comes all the way up to his chest and it balloons out making his butt HUGE. He just giggles when he puts them on and we will NEVER use them. It makes me sad to waste money so, I found how to make training pants on PINTEREST . <--That takes you to the page. I used her idea on how to make a pattern.

I used E's old receiving blankets as my interior cloth. We had at least 40 of those things and he didn't even use a lot of them, so it didn't bother me to use them.

I folded one and used the pattern to cut it out. It is about 4 layers of flannel cloth.
It kind of looks like a soaker that you put in a cloth diaper. *yes I made some of those last year* Just pin it and sew it to the inside of some training pants.

Now, here is where the GIANT waterproof trainers fit in. :) If you just pull them at the seams the would just come right off. The tutorial I used said use PUL. It is an awesome type  of fabric that I used for my cloth diapers last year. So I have some left over but I wanted to use these things up first. 
Then you use your pattern that you made to cut out a water proof patch and sew it on the front of your trainers. 
EASY HUH.. Now we will use these for sure. I know they will be perfect for long car trips and overnight. 

That's about it for today :)
JAMIE

No comments:

Post a Comment