About Me

My photo
Hey I'm Jamie. Christian. Wife. Foodie. New home owner. Mommy of a 4 year old little boy, who fills my life with wonderful chaos.

The Hubby

The Hubby
Mark

The Wildman

The Wildman
E

Friday, June 22, 2012

WHOOO!

Wow. What a week! I was the head teacher this week for preschool VBS. It was some serious stuff. I had an average of 14 preschoolers every day this week thursday we had 16. When I say preschool I mean 3-5 yr olds. :) That is a huge age difference but it was fun. I realized it can be difficult to get and maintain their attention especially for a couple of them. I am exhausted, I came home yesterday and took a 3 hour nap and it was glorious. I also had my own baby boy in my class and that made it difficult because he didn't really want me to teach the other kids because I am "HIS MAMA". I do believe that kids are walking germs because I haven't been sick in over a year and today, I can't even breathe out of my nose and Im sneezing like crazy!
 
BEWARE MAY BE TMI!  Today was also a first for me because one of my preschoolers had "an accident". One little one came out of the bath room and said, "I had a bad poop and I left a mark on the toilet". I was thinking oh it was a streak I can just flush it and it will go down. I opened the door and it was like..... On dumb and dumberer when Bob Sagget opened the door to the bathroom and Loyd had put melted chocolate all over the walls and toilet and windows. Except there was actual poop EVERYWHERE!!!! I don't know how a little person like that could get it all over the place like she did but OMGSH! I ran out of the room trying to find gloves and clorox and anything else.

Anyway, I have also come to realize that house hunting is not for the faint. :) It takes time and commitment and some serious driving. We found the perfect house but we are having to JUMP literally JUMP through hoops to get it and it just doesn't feel like the Lord wants us at this place. I feel like He would make it happen and we wouldn't be struggling and trying to get loans that aren't working out.  BUT, I feel like He is looking at us saying "HEY, I already gave you a house,  I offered you a house and why are you trying to find another one". When I say he has already offered us one it is because we had a friend offer us a house for free and we just pay utilities. It is her mother's home and her mother is in a assisted living facility. We just wanted OUR house. One that we will OWN!! But the Lord will provide and He will provide what we NEED and maybe not what we exactly want.

It is just taking me a while to understand and accept this fact. I want what I want, I want God to give me what I want not what I need, I guess it is because I feel like I NEED what I want. It is just hard to wrap my brain around and not be so selfish. I realize I am a selfish person and need to just accept what God gives me and be content and happy with it, because everything is a blessing from Him.

Keep us and the kids in your prayers next week as we host youth camp for the last time and as we try to find our home and get adjusted to moving away from our family and friends for a wonderful ministry.

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment