About Me

My photo
Hey I'm Jamie. Christian. Wife. Foodie. New home owner. Mommy of a 4 year old little boy, who fills my life with wonderful chaos.

The Hubby

The Hubby
Mark

The Wildman

The Wildman
E

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Childlike Faith

I had a moment at church today where a small boy from my sunday school class came and asked me a question. He asked, "Jesus is God's Son, right?" I said "Yes" Then he asked "Well, I am God's son too. Because aren't we all one big family of Christians? Which would make me Jesus brother?"

Thinking to myself, how I could answer this question so a first grader could understand. I finally said, "Yes but Jesus is His one true Son and we as christians are adopted into His family." "So YES, we are God's children but not really Jesus' brothers and sisters." He shook his head like he understood and walked away content with my answer.

This shocked me in so many ways...
1. This little boy actually asked a question I had never thought about.
2. I felt honored that someone would actually come to me with a question about the Lord. I don't view myself as a very mature Christian because I have sinned a lot and know I am no where near where I should be. But to have someone think to ask ME and not my husband (the youth minister) or even the preacher who is very easy to talk to and knows all the children at the church. I was actually HONORED to answer his question.
3. The fact that a little boy understood enough to ask a question like this, Yes it was not a difficult question but he understood how we are actually members of one large family in Christ. It made me think of the verse

Matthew 18:3 "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."

Childlike Faith, What simplicity! He accepted everything I said he accepts that he is a child of God with ease. I need this type of faith, like a little child that doesn't have to understand ALL the minute details and worry about things I can't change. This little boy made me realize that I should not worry and accept everything the Lord has told me and tried to tell me over the past couple years. I need to understand and accept that he has forgiven me for my past sins and that I can move on. It's that simple!! I am not meant to forget because how would I learn from my mistakes if I don't remember them. It makes it ok that I can't forget about what I have done. It's simple, He forgave me for them and now I need to use them to further my walk with him and lead others to realize how SIMPLE it is. So I want to let everyone know how thankful I am for my Lord Savior and his forgiveness. He is Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment